If a picture is worth 1000 words, I reckon I am giving you 150 words worth in the above image.
How I did this:
- Opened GIMP and found an image I liked from my files.
- Used Filters – Render – Patterns – Grid to impose a grid on the image.
- Dragged the width up so there were exactly 4 rows of boxes
- Used the rectangular tool to make it a 5×4 grid
- Opened a new window and pasted this in as a new layer
- Used the lasso tool to cut out 3 squares (proportion: 150/1000 words)
- Opened a new window and drew a 5×4 grid in above
- Copied the part of the image I had selected with the lasso tool and added as a new layer
- Uploaded to Flickr